Search for Services
The following are links to resources.
Early Head Start/Head Start
- 2-1-1 Child Development Infoline (CDI)
- Birth to Three
- Early Intervention for Children with Disabilities/Delays
- Help Me Grow
- Parent Child Activity Groups
- Parent to Parent Networking
- Parenting Education
- Parent Support Groups
- Search for Childcare
- Help paying for Childcare
Additional Reading & Resources
The following are links to helpful program guides and other useful websites and resources.
2-1-1 eLibrary Papers
- Child Support in Connecticut
- Children and Families
- Crying Baby – Tips for Coping/Tips for Managing Stress
- Domestic Violence/Partner Abuse
- First Time Mothers
- Free Income Tax Assistance
- Homeless Children and Youth Education
- Internet Safety
- Resources for Connecticut Families with Children Experiencing or At-Risk for Homelessness
- School Clothes and School Supplies
- Coping with Violent/Traumatic Events
- Why Attendance Matters
- Kinship Caregivers/Grandparents Raising Grandchildren/Custodial Relatives
Text4baby is a free service that helps pregnant and new moms get important information. Women who text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411 receive free text messages three times per week, timed to their due date or their baby’s birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby’s first birthday. Text4baby sends personalized messages directly to you, and the texts have information you can trust because they are developed by experts from all over the country. There is also an app that provides additional information about baby’s development, pregnancy, childcare tips, and more.
Vroom turns shared moments into brain building moments. Whether it’s mealtime, bathtime, or anytime in between, there are always ways to nurture our children’s growing minds.