CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program aims to improve early identification of children with autism and other developmental disabilities, so children and families can get the services and support they need.
From birth to 5 years, your child should reach milestones in how he plays, learns, speaks, acts and moves. Track your child’s development and act early if you have a concern.
If you would like to track your child’s development over time, sign up for the Ages & Stages Child Monitoring Program, a free service from Help Me Grow. The M-CHAT is an autism screening tool designed to identify children that need further evaluation. It is for children 16-30 months of age.
If you have questions or concerns about your child’s development, call Child Development Infoline at 1-800-505-7000. Care coordinators can help connect you to the right services.
- Act Early Connecticut
- Austism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs)
- Autism Services & Resources Connecticut
- Autism Speaks
- Birth to Five: Watch Me Thrive!
- CT Family Support Network
- Early & Periodic Screening, Diagnosis & Treatment Program (EPSDT)
- Learn the Signs, Act Early
See all Resources